The new website is now down, and I pu the old on back online. The problems were many. The worst of it, that I failed to understand the full extent of, was that by uploading my item database fresh, all my old links that had long since been on search engines, were now dead. Even worse, Google could not see the pages on my new site. It would work fine for browsers, but whatever SEO program I installed, created a deadly mess. Needless to say, after weeks of trying to get everything to play well together, I gave up.
I now need to start over, completely from scratch. I just need to be more careful about the link names.