Thursday, October 25, 2007

Irregular Monthly Bills

Some bills only show up every three months or so. These have always been annoying to me because they don't fit into my regular routine. So what I did was add up everyone who wasn't regular monthly bills. In my case, it was Water $65, Sewage $65, propane $100, Taxes for my house $375/mo and Taxes for my rental $350/mo. Based on when they are due divided by four weeks a month. Whatever the exact numbers were, that total came out to be $225 per week. So I have that $225 automatically moved from Checking to Savings each week. I base the rest of my monthly bill schedule off what's left.

While this doesn't really save any money, it makes sure I have the funds available to me when the bill is actually due. Even big ones like Taxes will have the funds available. Just make sure not to spend the money, that's why I frequently move large sums of money from my savings into a High Yield Savings Account. That will also pick up a few dollars per year in interest.

No comments:

Web Statistics Online Marketing