Monday, November 3, 2008

My Day in Court

7 months ago, tenants of mine moved out, leaving behind approximately $12,000 worth of damage. I easily kept the $3,500 security. Soon, I realized it was not enough.

6 months ago I filed a small claims for $5,000 in damages to my property.

Last week I had my day at the court house.

This week I received a judgment for the full $5,000 in damages.

The down side is that the court order is for $35 per week for the next 12 years. I sounds silly, but it is $170 per month. Likely, she won't even bother to pay it, so then I can go after the full amount.

If you read back to my older posts, you will see that we also won a court case against an employer for wrongful dismissal. I also got eBay to leave me alone when they tried to file a collection on me.

No comments:

Web Statistics Online Marketing