Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kicked off Amazon

After 3 months of selling on Amazon, yesterday one person did an A-Z claim, one gave a neutral feedback, and another gave negative. By 7pm I was kick off their system and told I could never sell on there again. Before I went to bed, I sold another 5 MP3 players. Even though it seemed silly at the time, I have been running two Amazon accounts for about a month with different names, banks, and addresses. So, it doesn't seem so silly now, does it?

I needed to flush all cookies and stuff from both my computers. I downloaded an IP Address anonymizer so that Amazon would now see me as from a different address. I also used a completely different web browser. I needed to do all this because they can track my IP address and shut down this second account as "Guilt by Association". I have been going on Amazon as the second account a few times now, and so far so good.

But now i am living my life paranoid again, just waiting for Amazon or eBay to kick me off again for no good reason. They kill your business, ask questions later, then expect you to be nice and honorable to the customers that just screwed you over. I genuinely feel this is a stupid way to make a living. I don't have one stupid boss, now every single customer becomes a problem. They don't bother to leave positive feedback, but they go out of their way to leave negative before contacting me first.

4 comments:

gt_hunter said...

Man I know how you feel. It took me weeks to set up another account with a friend who I now pay a fat commission just to use his account. Amazon totally screws its sellers over for the most stupid reasons. And are they somking crack wanting you to have less than 1% problems when people are so stupid they do not even know thier own address and then expect you to pay to reship and provide another product for free?

It totally sucks, but I sell 30+ products a week and the money is good when they do not freeze your account. BTW, I am about to get kicked off again... If anyone wants to make some money let me know, I run fake UPC codes and can list thousands of products.

-=LRK=- said...

This posting comes up as #1 google search for "Kicked off Amazon", and sadly, my #1 searched for post. I jut wanted to point out that http://amazonstolemymoney.blogspot.com/ is where the full story can be found about my experience with them.

Start at the beginning to pick up where this post leaves off, and read the end to see how it was all resolved.

Lastly, support my Amazon and eBay free existence by visiting my own webstore at http://www.Portable-Fun.com

Backcare Basics said...

We just got kicked off today. Just amazing. I have a 5 Star rating with Amazon and an A+ rating with the BBB. ONE Customer, who lied about damage to a product, reported us on an A-Z violation. Amazon refused to even consider the possibility that customer may be wrong. Without following up with me for any additional details on my response, they kicked us off. It's just incredible that they would take this position with an outstanding Seller. I just simply cannot belive that is a wise business decison regrdless of how big they are. I will not buy anything from them again that's for sure.

Backcare Basics said...

The customer is not always right. As a member of the Backcare Basics team and as a result of how they treated our SMALL business, I will buy anywhere but Amazon and ask everyone I know to do the same. The Amazon store Nazi is impossible to deal with long term. We will take our business elsewhere!

Web Statistics Online Marketing