Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Websites

I have created a little spiderweb of websites that all cross link to each other. This wasn't really intentional, but it seems to work pretty well. I get people that wander around and see what I am up to.

I have a website that sells board games. It gets little traffic that my other sites drive to it. However, I also have a cell phone site that Google simply loves. I'm not quite sure what that's all about, but if you search for one of the products that I sell on there, there is a good chance google throws it up at the top of the list. This drives all kinds of traffic to my store.

Mostly, i made the site for my own needs, but since I get traffic, I modified it to accept orders from anyone. It has made a few sales. One of them landed me a whopping $3500.00 cell phone order. I made a very handsome payday from that order since he did not nickel and dime me like other customers I have. I just hope the sale follows through without incident. He said he sent a check, that I will have in 2 days. If it does not bounce, I hope to have found another good customer. It better not bouce, cause I really need that money.

I also listed a bunch of the phones on my eBay store. Maybe I can make another sale or two on there. Nothing crazy, no brand names, no auction listings. Just if someone finds it and wants it. I prefer to keep my head down and stay out of trouble over there.

After a few months of trying OLA.com I finally canceled the account. No one was even looking at my stuff. I'll save the $8.00 a month. Besides, I started reading about what sucky owners ran the place, and I lost interest.

eCrater has not done shit for me. But, it cost nothing to leave it there. Kinda funny though, how my products get double listed on Google Base. Once for my website and once for my ecrater site. Different prices. I'm competing with myself, I think.

iOffer amazingly sent me TWO sales. Be still my aching heart.

1 comment:

-Kyle Out said...

What is your deal with eBay anyway? I know they are high on fees yadda yadda but what is the real story?

Web Statistics Online Marketing