Saturday, December 8, 2007

Small Blog World

I was reading a Blog that I go to regularly and the guy starts talking about this blog I am writing here. I was quite surprised because what are the odds of finding anything on the internet anymore. i mean, I doubt I would be able to find him again even if I tried.

He had mentioned that Selling broken IPods on Ebay wasn't his "Thing". Well, shit, it wasn't my "thing" either until I calculated $1000 in two weeks.

If I failed to mention before, the reason I picked IPods is because, like cell phones, everyone needs one. The other reason is that they are generally easy to fix, taking less than 10 minutes each. Out of Batch #1, I threw away 3 that were just beyond saving, Selling 5 "as-is" broken for parts, and 32 were sold between $71-$129 each. I estimate my walk away number is about $900 for two weeks in my spare time.

The 30 New Ipod Knock Offs are expected to bring in about $1300-$1500 in ONE week. And that's without actually doing anything to them but shipping them out.

The comment was made about "Dealing with the Public" and yeah, I've had my share of morons this past week. One person never replied again after winning, another said his 9 year old bid by mistake, and yet another complained that a new one could be had for $20 more. So, sure, there is a general hassle factor, but I feel the profits are enough for me to suck up and deal with it.

It was also mentioned about buying things other than IPods on liquidation websites. And that I can almost agree with. Almost. For example, I could buy Xboxes and PSP's and resell those for profit. the catch is, if they really are broken, what the hell do I do then? Same for toasters and blenders. At least with the IPods I have a chance to fix.

No comments:

Web Statistics Online Marketing