Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ticket Sales

Toni asked a question. I don't know who Toni is, but thanks for reading. He asked if I wait in line or go to ticketmaster. The answer, is neither. I had been using www.livenation.com. When I purchased those TSO Tickets (Awesome seats BTW, I could see right up the girls skirts! er.... sorry) they started sending me weekly updates of what they have coming up for pre-sales and regular sale dates. I'll skim through and see if there is anything of interest.

Here's the thing though, TSO tickets were only $60 each, and at the time, I didn't have any other real uses for the money other than leaving it in a 5% savings account. So, the fact that I had $1000 tied up in tickets for 2 months was easy money. These Van Halen tickets were $210 each, $421 for the pair. If I add on (my new rule of thumb) profit margin of 25%, then tack on StubHub fee of 15% on top of THAT, now your talking $615/pair and who the hell wants to pay that?!?

Right now, to stay competitive, I've dropped below 20% otherwise I'll never move the damn things. While it IS easy money, now it's tying up over $800 that now I would rather spend on the iPods because that is faster money with a much greater profit margin.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not going back on what I said about tickets being a bad idea. After all, in 6 weeks I made $550 on TSO tickets, about a 50% profit. What I AM saying, is that I can make that in under two hours on ebay. It's more work dealing with "customers", but it pays much better, and much faster.

No comments:

Web Statistics Online Marketing