Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pay-Per-Click Advertising

After several months of testing on Yahoo I have come to a single conclusion: Pay-Per-Click Advertising Does NOT Work for anyone but the search engine. I have tried all kinds of ways to make it work, paying alot per click, paying very little, serious ads, humorous ads, different keywords... anything I could think of.

The simple truth seems to be, that it drives traffic, not sales. People are just wandering around aimlessly. Don't blame my website, It has thousands of products, it's easy to navigate, and has a simple checkout system.

I have begun trying various other systems like Google Base (Froogle), ShopMania, and Bidhopper. Sadly, others like Shopping.com and Bizrate.com have been eaten up by the eBay juggernaut. And we all know how I feel about them.

No comments:

Web Statistics Online Marketing