Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Viruses Suck

I was on vacation for a week. I had planned to do some work around the house, go to the beach, play with my son, etc.... Instead, I spent the 1st 3 days processing orders, the 4th day cataloging and tracking orders, receipts, and other bussiness stuff I needed to do. The last 3 days were spent cleaning up the mess left behind by chura.pl virus. Not only was my server infected, but it also modifies the code in html, php and asp. It passes it along to anyone who visits the web page.

Before I had realized what happened, I was doing a fresh installation of Windows, and that became corrupted, and I had to start all over again. To make all matters worse, Google and Firefox then blacklisted me from serving any pages, so my website was down for several days... unless you used internet explorer. Like all the best MS products, it had no clue what was going on.

But, once the virus was removed from the pages, and the ban was lifted, it was back to web traffic as usual. I sold a couple phones today.

No comments:

Web Statistics Online Marketing