Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ticket Scalping

A few months back I had took at shop at Ticket Scalping. I bought about $1000 worth of tickets, at various venue's for the TranSiberean Orchestra. It took me two months, but I have sold the tickets and made about $500 profit. I sold two sets from Ebay, none from CraigsList, and mostly from StubHub. I would check in weekly and adjust the price to reflect the going rates. As long as I don't plan on needing the money anytime soon, i would definitely do this again.

I would advise no more than 6 tickets per show. For example, I bought for three shows. One show sold all 6 tickets within 2 weeks. The next show sold within a month, and this last show took 2 months and has had quite a bit of competition. Since you never seem to know before hand, diversifying was a good idea to keep the money flowing back in. I would also, likely, not bother selling on ebay again because of the expiring listings and added cost of shipping. CraigsList is free, but people wanted tickets at cost or less. StubHub clients were willing to pay a premium for the tickets, so even with StubHub's high fees, it was still worth it to use them.

No comments:

Web Statistics Online Marketing